21.8.13

Dresses

I don’t much like the dresses they sell today in woman’s clothing shops. I wasn’t exactly sure why for a while, it’s not that the patterns are so bad, or that they are shaped strangely, but I recently realized the main difference between an enticing dress that a girl could wear anyway from the 1960s, and one from today is the area between the upper chest to the neck.

bad

Today I went to attend my classes and saw at least thirteen girls wearing strapless dresses. I was shocked how sort of ‘too much’ the look was. It doesn’t even look like a dress, more like a fancy bath towel being draped around a girl with a belt. I was imaging how easy it would be for someone to accidentally step on her poor ‘dress’ on the stairway, causing it to slip right off of her.

 

 

il_340x270.403502276_vwdg

This is the kind of dress a girl can depend on to stay on, and fulfil it’s purpose as clothing.

I really don’t wear many dresses myself. I have a longer skirt, but I’m not always into the ‘guys in dresses thing’ except for certain circumstances. So I really don’t know much about this sort of thing, but it sort of shocked me today, to find out how much I didn’t like this particular style fad.

No comments:

Post a Comment