10.7.13

New Tunes


The other day I went to a commercial shopping plaza on the far side of town that no one really visits anymore. I spent a lot of time there when I was younger, because my mother used to work at one of the stores for only a year or so. It was fairly populated then, but now it’s mostly populated by mall walkers (who only come to walk indoors for sport), or patients at the clinic that they built on the far end of the mall.
I like going there, because they have a wonderful antique shop with a great assortment of antiques, a JoAnne’s fabric, along with some other smaller fabric/sewing shop, and a man who sells records, tapes, and even CDs.
He has a wide selection of each, some used, and some still in their original plastic package. Some straight from the 60s and 70s, and others recently ordered from a magazine. I seek out music from three locations, and I have had the most luck with his vinyl collection, where most of the other places I visit have more of a Cassette Tape collection.
The last time I went, I picked up a few things that I liked. The person I was with was looking through the vinyl, while I browsed the cassettes. After a while, she told me that “she thinks she struck gold”, and when I came over, I saw five or so brand new Ramones albums. (I happen to like the Ramones, quite a bit). So, I looked through them, and ended up purchasing two of the five, the ones I liked the best.
Ramones (Ramones)
This album- “The Ramones- Ramones” this was their debut album, released on April 23, 1976.


This is the 9th song on the record, and one of my favourites.


Ramones (Road to Ruin)
Secondly, I got “Ramones- Road to Ruin” It was released on September 21, 1978 and was their fourth studio album.
The 7th song on this album, and another great one.
These are two wonderful records to own (in my opinion), and who doesn’t love coloured vinyl, especially when it’s red!
So, if you haven’t head The Ramones before, I strongly suggest you give them a try, you might just end up liking them.
Ramones (1976) (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment